Home News Summer Camps Frequently Asked Questions!!
Summer Camps Frequently Asked Questions!!
- Can I use the 5 purchased days of either the bball or all sports camp anytime during the summer? YES YOU CAN. YOU CAN COME 1 DAY 1 WEEK OR 2 DAYS 1 WEEK. YOU SAVE MONEY BUYING 5 AT A TIME! THEY STAY ON YOUR SON OR DAUGHTERS ACCOUNT UNTIL END OF SUMMER.
- Do I have to pre-register or can I just walk in that morning and sign up my child? WE WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO PRE-REGISTER BUT OUR CAMP IS FLEXIBLE TO ALLOW WALK UPS! YES, WE ALLOW WALK INS.
- What if I sign up for basketball camp and my child changes his/her mind and wants to go to All-Sport? Can he/she change camps? YES, WE ASK THAT YOUR CHILD PICK A CAMP FOR THAT ONE DAY AND STAY WITH THAT CAMP FOR THAT DAY. THEY CAN CHANGE THE NEXT DAY!
- If I purchase a half day, what times does he/she attend? Do they eat lunch? THE TIMES FOR HALF DAY OPTION IS 9AM-12NOON OR 1PM-4PM. THEY DO NOT EAT LUNCH WITH THE CAMPERS.
- My child has a hard time adjusting at first, can I stay the first day to watch and make sure? NO WE DO NOT ALLOW THAT. WHAT WE HAVE FOUND IS THAT THE CHILD ADJUSTS QUICKLY TO THE CAMP AND CAMPERS. IF ANYTHING SEEMS WRONG, WE WILL CONTACT THE PARENT DIRECTLY.
- What is the early drop off option? THE EARLY DROP OFF IS BETWEEN 8AM-8:30AM. IF YOU BRING YOUR CHILD INTO THE FACILITY AT 8:10AM, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PAY AN EARLY DROP OFF FEE OF $5.00 AT THE FRONT DESK TO ALLOW YOU CHILD TO CHECK IN.
- What is the late pick up option? THE LATE PICK UP OPTION FOR ALL SPORTS CAMP IS 5:30-6:00PM (EXCEPT FOR FRIDAYS DUE TO LEAGUE). FOR BASKETBALL CAMP IT IS 5:00-5:30PM! ALL CAMPERS HAVE TO BE PICKED UP BY 5:15PM ON FRIDAYS!! YOU CAN PRE-PAY FOR LATE PICK UP THAT DAY WHEN YOU DROP OFF YOUR CHILD OR YOU CAN PAY AT THE FRONT DESK WHEN YOU PICK YOUR CHILD UP THAT EVENING!
- Who are the counselors of the camps? FOR ALL SPORTS CAMP, THE COUNSELORS ARE CURRENT OR FORMER COLLEGE STUDENT ATHLETES. FOR BASKETBALL CAMPS IT IS SHAWN GOOD, DIRECTOR OF BASKETBALL AND HIS STAFF!
- So if I have a regular sitter and they call in sick that morning, can I call in and put my child in the camp for the day? YES, WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON BEING THE MOST FLEXIBLE CAMP IN ROANOKE VALLEY! JUST CALL 540-561-0921 AND BOOK IT!
- Do I have to fill out and sign a waiver? My son has a peanut allergy. YES, WHEN YOU BRING YOUR CHILD THE FIRST DAY, WE WILL ASK THAT YOU FILL OUT A WAIVER. ON THE WAIVER, YOU WILL LIST CONTACT INFORMATION, WHO IS ALLOWED TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD (WHICH WE CHECK WITH ID), ANY MEDICAL ISSUES, ETC.
- Do you offer any vending or snack bar food/drink? YES, WE HAVE VENDING MACHINES FOR THE CAMPERS. ONE IS SNACK AND THE OTHER IS DRINKS.
- Can my child bring an iPad or phone to play with or watch when not in camp? YES. THEY CAN ONLY BE USED ON LUNCH BREAK NOT SNACK/WATER BREAKS. I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND HEADPHONES WHILE THE OTHER CAMPERS ARE WATCHING A MOVIE AT LUNCH.
- What movies do the campers watch at lunch? P/PG MOVIES. NOT PG-13 OR GREATER! THE CAMPERS ARE ALLOWED TO READ, WATCH OR PLAY WITH THEIR IPADS. THEY JUST CAN BE DISRUPTIVE TO THE OTHER CAMPERS.
- How do you handle bullying? WE HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR THIS! IT IS IMMEDIATELY ADDRESS BY THE COUNSELORS AND JULIE SKINNER, GENERAL MANAGER OR CATHY JOHANSEN, FACILITY MANAGER.
- Is there sibling discount for half days? What time are the half days? No, there is no sibling discounts for half days. 10% sibling discount is only for full day and full week options. Half days are 9am-12noon and 1pm-5pm. They do not eat lunch or watch a movie at the facility. If you would like to stay for lunch/movie, you will need to purchase the full day option.