COVID-19 UPDATE!!! SPECTRUM SPORTS ACADEMY IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC PER THE GOVERNOR UNTIL May 1st DUE TO THE CORONA VIRUS! LIKE OUR SOCIAL MEDIA (FACEBOOK/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER/WEBSITE EMAIL UPDATES) FOR UPDATES! STAY SAFE EVERYONE!
Home News Summer Camps Frequently Asked Questions!!
Summer Camps Frequently Asked Questions!!
- Can I use the 5 purchased sessions anytime during the summer and winter? Yes, a session will only be deducted from your son or daughters account when they come for a session. Sessions will stay on accounts until the end of the summer. You save money by buying 5 or more at a time.
- Is there sibling discount for the camps? Yes 10% discount for each additional child. Must be done at the front desk. Discounts will not work online.
- Do I have to pre-register or can I just walk in that morning and sign up my child? We would like you to always pre register but our camp is flexible to allow walk ups. Yes, we allow walk ups!
- So, if I have a regular sitter and they call in sick that morning, can I call in and put my child in the camp for the day? Yes! We understand things happen and pride ourselves for being flexible!
- What if I sign up for basketball camp and my child changes his/her mind and wants to go to All-Sport? Can he/she change camps? Yes, we ask that your child picks a camp at the beginning of the day and stays with that camp for the rest of that day. NOTE: If your child signs up for basketball camp and the director determines that your child needs to be moved to all sports, then we will move him/her and inform you at pick up.
- Can I purchase a half day for either camp? We no longer offer half day pricing for either basketball or all sports camp.
- My child has a hard time adjusting at first, can I stay the first day to watch and make sure? No, we do not allow any parents to stay and watch camp. We have found that kids listen to the coaches better when parents are not around and they adjust quickly to the camp and other campers. If anything seems wrong, we will contact the parent directly.
- What is the early drop off option? Early drop off is between 8:00AM-8:30AM for an additional $5 per day per child. You must pay this fee at the front desk at drop off. No sibling discount for early drop off.
- What is the late pick up option? Late pick up is between 5:30PM-6:00PM for an additional $5 per day per child. NO LATE PICKUPS ON FRIDAYS!! You must pay this fee at the front desk at pick up. No sibling discount for late pick up.
- Who are the counselors of the camps? The All Sports Camp counselors are current or former college students and athletes. Basketball Camp will be ran by the Spectrum basketball staff.
- Do I have to fill out and sign a waiver? My son has a peanut allergy. Yes, when you bring your child for the first day we will ask that you fill out a waiver, if they do not already have a 2018 waiver on file. You may also print the waiver off HERE and bring it will you.
- Do I need to pack food for my child? Yes, they will need enough food for 2 snack breaks and a lunch.
- Do you offer any vending or snack bar food/drink? Yes, we have a vending snack machine and drink machine.
- Can my child bring an iPad or phone? No electronics of any kind are allowed. NOT EVEN PHONES IN THEIR BAGS!
- How do you handle bullying? We have a zero tolerance for bullying and there will be no warnings. Parents will be called and the child will be asked to be picked up immediately. A follow up with be by GM, Julie Skinner.